- SysKit Insights is a powerful solution for monitoring and troubleshooting your SharePoint servers.
- All the Logs in One Place – Troubleshooting Made Easy. It’s not an easy task to make sure that the SharePoint environment always runs smoothly, but instant alerts and the ability to search through all the logs from one location make it a breeze.
- Event Viewer will allow you to monitor information about your farms’ health from the Windows Event Log, SharePoint ULS, and SQL logs across all servers in their farms.
SysKit Insights’ powerful collecting engine will enable you to:
- Search through collected logs
- Filter data by category, source, server, message, event ID, and correlation ID
- Set up a query addressing the problem that you want to proactively track and receive email alerts
SharePoint Performance Monitoring
- Insights allows you to monitor 30-plus SharePoint-specific performance counters for all servers across all farms.
- Check out the performance of each farm, or drill down and examine each server individually.
- Predict future problems
- Identify potential bottlenecks
- React in a timely fashion and prevent damage
The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, which enables you to get an overview of your farms’ health in no time.
Receiving real-time email alerts when your servers’ performance reaches warning or critical levels enables you to relax knowing that if something does go wrong you will have enough time to fix it.
Besides Performance Alerts, there are also SharePoint Alerts that will let you know if Central Administration, SharePoint Timer Service or any site collection is not accessible, and Event alerts that will go off if the event you specified occurs in ULS, SQL, or Windows Event logs.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, W
- indows 10 or later are supported (64-bit only)Windows Server editions: Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2016, all editions
- Please note that we do not recommend installing the application on a server which is part of a SharePoint farm.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- CPU – any Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 capable CPU with at least two cores
- Memory – up to 512 MB (200 MB RAM while idle)
- Disk – 250MB of available hard disk space
- Index – we recommend minimum of 200GB disk space required to store the index containing all the data (ULS, SQL logs and Windows Event logs). However, this largely depends on your infrastructure and farm footprint. It is recommended to change the index location to a secondary drive.
- 1366×768 or higher resolution video card
- In order to run the SysKit Insights, you need a database. The SysKit Insights supports SQL Server databases only. SQL 2008 or better is supported.
- User must have proper privileges to successfully run the application.
User Permission Requirements
- Local administrator on all the machines you want to monitor. Both SharePoint and SQL server.
- Minimum of db_datareader on a SharePoint’s Config database.
- On a SQL server – public server role.
- SysKit Insights relies on Active Directory to reach the names/addresses of the computer. So, the Service Account needs to have permission to read from AD.
- After that it uses WMI to collect all the data. Classic WMI TCP/UDP ports are used.