When you’ve determined that resetting the index for your FAST search farm is required, here are a couple things you might run into:
- The QRProxy service or the SAMWorker service might not start and could possible show dead as its status.
- Results might still be unavailable even after the reset.
- A cumulative update for FAST search has been installed and now results are not displaying
Make sure you have:
- Run Clear-FastSearchContentColletion
- Run a full crawl
- Verified that all prerequisites are installed – if you’ve already ran the installer, check out this site – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381270(v=office.14).aspx
- Verified that proper trusts are in place on the network – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2756663
- Run psconfig.ps1 -action p from an administrative FAST Management Shell – run this from the location where FAST is installed and from the Installer\scripts folder